Next generation industrial processes demand innovations in membrane material development as well as new large scale manufacturing technologies and robust membrane module design for efficient and stable operation. The AMK has the ambition to be the event where new membrane innovations are disclosed. It is a forum that focusses on technical aspects of membrane application development, to serve as a platform where suppliers meet customers and users.
The AMK wants to inspire its participants through new ideas for further research and development. The 18th AMK will be an international and interdisciplinary conference focusing on membrane technology applications. We expect more than 250 participants from industry and academia. A large contribution from invited speakers will ensure high quality presentations. We would be glad if you contributed to the AMK 2020 by presenting your recent research
on the application of membrane technology.
Dear friends of the AMK,
Unfortunately, we have bad news regarding the Aachener Membran Kolloquium.
Again and again, we have played through the most diverse scenarios for the realization of the event. We have never been able to come to a clear and final decision, as many factors have to be taken into account that we cannot influence due to the current situation.
We are really sorry, but due to the current Corona situation, the Aachener Membran Kolloquium cannot take place this year.
We wish you all the best for the time that is still waiting for us and hopefully we will see you et the AMK 2022!
Matthias Wessling and the AMK Organizing Committee
Dear friends of the AMK,
we are working towards a live AMK with concentrated efforts! In order to bring a live event to you (and thus bring back a litte bit of normalcy) we are currently developing a concept for a safe implementation of this great possibility for all of us to reconnect with the membrane world.
Of course, this year's AMK will be very different from all preceding AMK events in the past. To meet all safety precautions, we will not provide a programme as extensive as in the last years. Aside from that, we know that a key aspect of such a conference is the possibility of personal and professional exchange vis-a-vis. This is not easy to establish but we feel confident we can provide you with a solution. For example, we are looking into a booking system for a smaller meeting room that will be able to host meetings for up to 9-10 people.
In summary, the main differences from past AMK events will be:
- Participants will be required to wear face masks, except when they are seated at their allocated seat in the plenar hall.
- The conference talks will be held in a single plenar hall (Europasaal) which is much larger than in the years before, allowing all participants to be seated in safe distance to other participants.
- Seats in the plenar hall are personally allocated to each participant
- The industrial exhibition will be spread out over a wider area in the Eurogress forum, changing it from the cozy setup of the last years to a socially distanced, safe setting that can comply with existing regulations.
- Unfortunately, we can neither host a welcome reception at our institute nor hold a gala dinner due to safety regulations.
Due to uncertainties surrounding events in the face of the corona pandemic, we would like to update you on our current stand concerning the AMK 2020.
First of all, we are still (cautiously) optimistic that the AMK 2020 will take place as planned. We will thus continue planning for the best case until further notice. However, since we know that your planning for the near future is complicated by the current situation, we decided on the following:
- The submission deadline will be extended to July 31st.
- The early bird registration deadline will be extended to the September 30th.
- If you cannot join the AMK due to unforeseen circumstances, we will refund 100% of the fee up to 1 month ahead of the conference.
- We will evaluate at the end of September whether the AMK can be carried out in November. If governmental guidelines do not permit us to carry out the conference, we will have to comply and cancel the event. Of course, we are aiming to minimize the damage for everyone in case a cancellation of the event will be necessary and will hopefully be able to fully refund everyone.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email. Also, check our website for most recent information.
Hopefully, we all see each other in Aachen in November to discuss the newest exciting findings in the world of membrane applications!